In Spanish this phrase literally means "pure life" but is more commonly thought of as meaning "full of life." Costa Ricans use this phrase to express a philosophy of strong community, perseverance, resilience in overcoming difficulties with good spirits, enjoying life slowly, and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike. This blog is about our life... Pura Vida!

Background

Friday, August 30, 2013

Classroom Makeover

During the school year I spend almost seven hours a day in my classroom.
 
That's a long time in the same room!
 
For the last three years, I hadn't done much with my room. I hadn't made it my own. It didn't feel welcoming to come to every day of the school year with it's enormous high walls, huge pipes decorating the ceiling, dirty white walls, and not much bulletin board room. Oh, and let's not forget the completely mismatching tables. (half were rectangles, half were trapezoid tables).
 
 
So this summer, I spent some time painting and decorating to make it feel more inviting.
 
Portions of the walls became blue.

Different sections of my room became different countries.
 

The rubric that I use for grading became real and visible.

AND I GOT ALL NEW MATCHING TABLES AND CHAIRS! YAY!
 
I'm excited to start my new school year on Tuesday with a new feel to my room.
 
What do you think?


 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What an upgrade! Your classroom looks great and I bet you and the students will enjoy it so much more this year.
Seriously, you should consider interior decorating or something. You are so talented with the way you decorate and the items you find to make a place more cozy. At home and at school :)