In Spanish this phrase literally means "pure life" but is more commonly thought of as meaning "full of life." Costa Ricans use this phrase to express a philosophy of strong community, perseverance, resilience in overcoming difficulties with good spirits, enjoying life slowly, and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike. This blog is about our life... Pura Vida!

Background

Friday, August 08, 2014

Summer Always Goes Too Fast!

Here we are again...

August. 


Only a few short weeks from school starting again and I ask myself, "Where did the summer go?" 
I guess we have been busy, and maybe that is why it seems to have gone so fast! 

In June I traveled to beautiful country of Costa Rica. (See my previous post) And when I returned, we celebrated our 10 year class reunion.




July brought 4th of July parties, Heritage Days, swimming lessons, a family vacation, and Waterama.





August meant that my Ems turned 4!




And August also means that my big girl is preparing for Kindergarten and the other for preschool!


Can time please slow down? 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hear ya, Katie! I've been saying the same thing. This summer was entirely too short, too crazy and I am so not prepared for another winter.
I just spent most of the weekend lesson planning for school. How in the world did the summer fly by and now I'm heading into another year with a 4th & 6th grader??!! Time goes WAY too fast.