In Spanish this phrase literally means "pure life" but is more commonly thought of as meaning "full of life." Costa Ricans use this phrase to express a philosophy of strong community, perseverance, resilience in overcoming difficulties with good spirits, enjoying life slowly, and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike. This blog is about our life... Pura Vida!

Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Baby

Emma. My baby. Isn't such a baby anymore. :(

She woke up from her nap the other day...and I thought, "When did you get so big?"

She chases Maria everywhere she goes.

And wants to do everything her big sister does.



She builds towers with her blocks.

She puts together puzzles all by herself.

She crawls on everything.  

She loves playing in the sand and dirt.


She loves swinging!

Her vocabulary is improving daily.

She sleeps with her little behind straight up in the air. :)

She giggles like nothing I've heard.

She has a silly smile that I will never forget.


Three months until my baby turns 2! Where did the time go?



1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's funny, I've been thinking the same thing about Emma lately. She just suddenly grew up! She is so sweet and I love her smile :)
This last picture is too darling. Totally captures her personality right now. Precious.