In Spanish this phrase literally means "pure life" but is more commonly thought of as meaning "full of life." Costa Ricans use this phrase to express a philosophy of strong community, perseverance, resilience in overcoming difficulties with good spirits, enjoying life slowly, and celebrating good fortune of magnitudes small and large alike. This blog is about our life... Pura Vida!

Background

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today, I want to take a moment to ponder some of the many things I'm thankful for.

I am thankful for an extra car at our house... so that when one of my tires go flat, and I'm late for work, I have a back up to take.



I am thankful for my seniors, to whom I had to say goodbye to today. They have taught me so much this year, and I will truly miss each one of them.


I am thankful for coming home today to a brand new bed, headboard and nightstands! I might actually get a decent night's sleep tonight!





I'm thankful for a little 19 month old girl, who is so interested in potty training, she might beat her 3 year old sister to it! ;)

And finally... I'm so very grateful for my family and this beautiful place where we live.



Life is good.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for!! Great list Katie.

I hope you get some sweet Zzzz's tonight :) Beautiful headboard and nightstands.

Go girls on potty training!! I'm seriously hoping the next round over here will be MUCH better. The first two were way longer than I had hoped. I think that was when the stubborn trait really came out in both of them.